Hello are you hiring?

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Do you put your socks or pants on first?

Believe it or not I actually miss the routine of having a job.  I miss rolling out of bed at a specific time, going to the bathroom, brushing my teeth, taking a shower, drying my hair, putting my make-up on, getting dressed, and grabbing my can of Diet Coke and a Little Debbie snack cake as I run out the door.

I then get to work, crack open my Diet Coke, listen to my 25-40 voice mails, check my email, return about 1/2 of the voice mails, eat my Little Debbie snack cake, chat with my office mate to decide what time we are going to go to lunch, answer a few more emails, make a few more phone calls, check weather.com to see if there will be more snow, then go to lunch.  The rest of my day plays out pretty much the same.

Now that I don't have this routine, I feel lost.  As much as me and Mr Routine weren't always friends in the past, that routine is what held me together and kept me focused.  I miss it!

In the hopes of trying to establish a new routine, my current day consists of the following.  Get up at 8:30AM and take the dog out, let the dog play until 9:30AM, bring the dog back in and give her breakfast, lounge back in a bed for a while longer, throw sweats on and take the dog back out at 11:00AM, watch the People's Court, Judge Alex, Judge Pirro, channel surf and web search until 3:30PM, put dinner in the oven, watch Judge Judy, eat dinner, give the dog dinner, then hope some kind soul takes pity on me and asks me to meet them out...even if its only to walk around Wal-Mart.

Please for my mental well-being,.......bring the routine of a job my way!!

2 comments:

  1. Routine....I never thought you would like routine!!!! Good luck in the job market, you deserve a good job where you are respected and can use your skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words! And yes I never thought I would like routine either....that was until I didn't have it!

    ReplyDelete