Hello are you hiring?

Sunday, March 6, 2011

I've Become a Mall Walker

Judging from my increasing waistline, I have decided to start exercising.  The problem with that is two-fold.  First I am on a very limited budget.  Not having a regular income coming in, I hesitate to commit myself to a year long gym membership.  Although some memberships are only $10 per month, one month I might actually need that $10 to buy myself that case of ramen noodles!!

The next problem is, I will be motivated for about 2 weeks, then I will come up with every excuse not to go.  It's cold out, I'm tired, I have a TV show on, I need to stop and get gas in my car first, etc.  If I had a gym partner to join me, I might consider it.  But the problem with that is, I get bored about 1pm and that is the time I would like to go.  But everyone I know has a job and is working at 1pm!  If I wait until 5pm to join my partner, the gym would be too busy for my liking and that would be yet another excuse not to go.

So I have come up with a great solution to get a little exercise in.  Thanks to my sister, I have become an infamous mall walker!!  Am I one of the youngest ones there walking?  Why yes I am.  Do I have the most up to date sneakers?  Again, yes I do.  Can I keep up with the retireees when I am walking......well they all blow right past me.  But I still have cooler shoes!

3 comments:

  1. Once the weather gets nice, we could always walk, run, bike, etc on the bike path at the peninsula :-). You, Nancy and me should get together and do that once spring/summer comes :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great Erinn. I got my dog all of her lyme disease shots so she could walk at the penninsula too!

    ReplyDelete