Hello are you hiring?

Saturday, March 19, 2011

What I Want to be When I Grow Up

Last week the Parade Magazine posted an article highlighting what people earn.  As I was going through and looking at earnings from across the country, it made me think.....what exactly do I want to do when I grow up?

Obviously if I was looking at just salary, I would want to be the plastic surgeon in Las Vegas that earns $1 million a year.  I am sure being in Vegas he has quite an extensive client list containing dancers, performers, and snow bunnies who want to look 20 years younger.  However needles and blood isn't for me, so I must choose again.

How about a graphic artist, I do appreciate art.  But looking at the salary of $12,180-I don't think I could survive on that.  Next we have wine maker.  I do love to drink wine, so maybe I should learn to make it.  And considering that we live in a popular grape region I would be all set.  Unfortunately the pay is only $25,900.  I could live on this salary but it would be a very tight budget. In keeping with the beverage category, I could try a barista.  They make $17,500 and considering I don't like coffee, I wouldn't spend my paycheck at work.

Let's see what jobs are actually in the salary range that I would be comfortable in.  Furniture maker- $39,000.  Unfortunately I am a girly girl and would be afraid to break a nail.  Exterminator $66,000.  Too bad I hate bugs.  DeeJay $30,000- I love music but I am not a fan of smokey bars.

There were two jobs that did catch my eye in this article.  The first being a blogger (go figure).  The pay is only $10,000 but it would be a great part time gig.  The other was an obituary writer.  It would be a sad job indeed. but I do like to write and it pays $75,713.  Not too shabby.

With my recent unemployment I have been given the opportunity to really explore what it is I would like to do.  Once I do find that perfect opportunity life will definitely be more "richer"

No comments:

Post a Comment