Hello are you hiring?

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Reality Sets In

When they say time heals all wounds, I begin to wonder how much time I will I need to feel better.  Day 3 of unemployment was the roughest day yet.  I woke up once again with a big pit in my stomach.  I remember waking up in the mornings wishing that I didn't have to go to work.  I would wish I could sleep in and be lazy watching episodes of Tyra and Judge Judy all day.  Now I wake up early wishing I had a job to go to.

To make myself feel better, I decide to take a stroll around the mall to visit some old colleagues and to put feelers out for jobs.  As I passed my favorite shoe store, I decided to go in and take a look.  As soon as I started looking at the dress shoes it occurred to me.....I have no place to wear these shoes to.  This feeling of dread then engulfed me.

I then proceeded to meet some former co-workers. Although it was nice to see them, it only reminded me that I no longer work with them and soon I will completely be out of the loop of the workplace.  Again, the pit in my stomach rang out.

Once home I called it a night and went to bed, tears still rolling down my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment