Hello are you hiring?

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

PMS x 10....that's the Emotion for the Day

I feel like I have PMS x 10 today.  The emotions running through my head are interesting.  I am laughing and feeling better one moment, I am angry as hell the next minute, and then I am keeping Kleenex in business again the next. Again I had a restless night so I am sure the insomnia isn't helping things. I had the pleasure of dreaming of the individual who fired me.  Unfortunately he was dominating me in my dreams too. I was hoping that somewhere in my dream a handsome superhero would come in and fight for me, then whisk me away to his secret penthouse in the sky. However I guess that only happens in the movies.

So first order of business, its time to update my resume.  I guess it was pretty much updated since I had just worked on it a few months ago.  But there was one main change......I had to remove the word "present".  My last job did not contain that golden word.  My start date and end date both have...well a date. This was the big realization that I was officially unemployed and not "presently" working for an employer.  How would future employers take this?  Was she fired?  Did she quit? Was she laid off? Does she just not want to work?  Let's just say that I hope they read cover letters so that I have a chance to plead my case.

I then began the online search. I posted my resume on a few job sites with the hopes that my one little resume would stick out from the 100,000 that employers are exposed to.  I then browsed a few jobs. Hmmmm, truck driver, door to door sales, telemarketing, machinist, bus driver?  I am not feeling too hopeful at this point.  I keep reading....server/model, electrician, babysitting.  Still nothing is jumping out at me.  Just as I am feeling pretty frustrated I do the next best thing, I retreat to lunch with a friend. She offered to treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment