Hello are you hiring?

Friday, December 30, 2011

Hoping for a Better 2012

Well another year is almost down in the books.  I can honestly say that 2011 was the worst year that I can ever remember experiencing.  It started with witnessing a man die right in front of me, to being blind sided by my previous employer, to having my hopes shot down time and time again with each job application that I filled out, to a major disappointment when I finally did find a job. If I had to count the number of times that I could not got out of bed or wished that I wouldn't wake up in the morning, I would have lost count a long time ago. Being strong and confident is alot harder that many would think.

The bright spot of my year would be realizing that I have great friends and family that helped pick me up off the ground so many times. I tried so strong to keep a smile on my face and not ask for anything, but those who knew me best could read between the lines and always seemed to know when I really needed help. I can't begin to list the amount of times that I had dinner bought for me or groceries brought over.  Not to mention help with my household bills and mortgage. It all humbled me.

My hope for 2012 is to find a job that is a good fit for me and can help me to financially get back on my feet.  I also have to put my anger from my previous job behind me once and for all.  Yes what they did to me was awful and so very wrong, but if I continue to dwell on it I will never move ahead. I need to just pray for the people that treated me so poorly and hope they will better themselves. I also want to give back to people in need the way people gave back to me.  I may not be able to financially help, but I will offer support and encouragement. Finally I want to be sure never to take anything for granted ever again.

Thank you for reading my blog this past year and Happy New Year!!


Amy

7 comments:

  1. I feel for you honey. Don't expect 2012 to be any better until Obama is defeated. Once that commie has is a$$ thrown out of office, the economy will get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the state of this economy has little to do with obama... the financial condition of our country as a whole has been a course of bad decisions for decades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's as bad everywhere. Wish you a more happy New Year 2012. 2011 was as bad to me, in a different way. And Iheard a lot of ppeople saying that this was a very awful year or their crappiest year ever. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Georgia. I hope 2012 is better for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, at least it is quiet, my houses aren't burnt down during fireworks and nothing else happened. Last New Year's night I woke up by water dripping through the ceiling. - I like your blog, keep on the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for reading and the words of support:) And I am glad to hear that things have been quite around your home front. If I had to factor in home repairs at my house I would be the Unemployed BROKE Career woman. Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is really good to think and stay positive despite of all the challenges we face in life. All of us are hopping for a better and brighter year to come. Thanks for sharing.


    career guide

    ReplyDelete