Hello are you hiring?

Friday, November 2, 2012

No Longer Unemployed....Underemployed

Well it has been a while since I have posted a blog.  My creative insights were blocked with cobwebs and roadblocks.  However as the start of Thanksgiving is upon us, I wanted to take the time and thank my readers and offer a few more quirky posts for your reading pleasure.

Well its been a rough year.  The job situation still is not stellar but at least its existent.  Over the last year I have had several job offers.  Some of which I jumped on, some of which I ran from, and many that I jumped on but SHOULD have ran from!  All in all I am still not back to where I want to be in the job market, but I am there doing what I can to get by in all of the craziness.

Job 1....the government.  I thought this job would be a great opportunity.  What better job security than working for the government... the unemployment office actually.  With this economy I think unemployment is here to stay.  Little did I know that this would turn out to be the first bad choice I made in my career.  Sitting at a phone, all day, every day, listening to every ones hard luck stories was tough.  Being as I was the original Unemployed Career Woman, hearing all of these stories tugged at my heart strings.  On the other hand there were many, many people that were on unemployment and just taking advantage of the system. These people infuriated me.  I really had to catch myself from not giving my biased opinion to these clients.  After a few months of the emotional roller coaster (and having to raise my hand when I had to pee) I knew this was not the job for me.

Back to the drawing board and on to the next......


1 comment:

  1. Interesting topic! Well nowadays there are many people who is unemployed. I hope that many job openings will come so that they can have opportunity to get employed.

    ReplyDelete