Hello are you hiring?

Monday, May 23, 2011

Why are Part Time Job So Much More Fun than Full Time Jobs?

As most of you know, I have been working part time at Victoria's Secret since I was let go from my full time job. I only work about 15-20 hours at minimum wage, but it is such a fun stress free job. For the first time in quite a while I actually look forward to going to work. All of the girls that I work with seem to equally like their job too, so it makes for a work environment that is so refreshing.

In addition to liking my job, I also get some fun perks.  Free and discounted bras, underwear, and beauty products.  I had always loved Victoria's Secret merchandise, but was too cheap to but it.  Getting it free or next to free fits perfect with my current budget.  Feeling pretty on a penny is what I like to call it:)

I would say that the only downfall is that I don't make enough there to be able to make ends meet.  Even if they did have a full time position available at $7.50 an hour, my mortgage wouldn't get paid (but I would have nice bras and panties on when the bank came and foreclosed on me!!).

2 comments:

  1. Get used to the part-time employment and being unable to make ends meet. High fuel and grocery prices getting you down? By the way, how is this "Hope & Change" working out for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let the guy above me get you down. He/She sounds like one of those awful Erie Times News Topix Forum kooks.

    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete