Hello are you hiring?

Monday, April 11, 2011

Coupon Lady....Anything to Save some Money!!




Since I am now on a very limited budget, I have been thinking of ways that I can cuts costs.  After watching a show about "couponing" and seeing people actually making money shopping-I decided to give it a shot.

Last night I had my coupons in hand, the grocery/drugstore ads, a few very useful web sites, and a book about "couponing" that my sister loaned me.  I started out making my lists, dividing my coupons to reflect each store, and mapping the routes to each store (the route had to be the most direct so that I wasn't spending too much money driving around town).  I was ready to go!!

Today I made my rounds.  I started at CVS. I purchased (4) Colgate Toothpastes, Pretzel M and Ms, and a chocolate egg. Total price $6.02.  Less coupons and rewards....they paid me  72 cents to shop!

Next was Walgreen's.  I purchased (2) boxes of Quakers granola bars, (2) packs of Dentyne gun, (2) packs of M &M candies, (1) carton of marshmallow eggs, and (1) pack of lady products. Total price $13.47.  Less coupons and rewards $4.51.

Next was Rite Aid.  I purchased (2) Gillette Body Washes.  Total price was $5.98.  Less coupons and rewards the total price was $.99 for both.....just under $.50 a bottle!

Finally of to Tops.  I purchased (1) Jenny O 3 lb. turkey, (2) packs of  Purdue Chicken patties, (4) packs of rolls, (1) pack of Country Crock potatoes, (1) pack of Birds Eye frozen veggies, (1) box of stuffing, a 2 liter of 7-up, and (2) Tyson pot roasts.....total price $48.77.  Less coupons and rewards $23.75 plus 10 cents off my gas.

I have dinners for 5 days (plus a few days of leftovers), snacks for about 2 weeks, and toiletries for a few months.

Total money spent today...$28.53!

No comments:

Post a Comment